Cheryl Mostowski, Owner and Trainer
Cheryl Mostowski worked as a paralegal for 14 years. During the last few years working at the law office, she experienced sciatica down both legs for which she found no relief. That’s when she found Pilates, and began to feel a passion growing in her to begin to study women’s health, which lead directly to the repair of Diastasis Recti. Cheryl trained and became a fully certified PhysicalMind and STOTT PILATES® Instructor certified on all equipment, as well as specialized instruction in many areas including Injuries and Special Populations and Osteoporosis with some of the most respected and revered members of the Pilates community. During her path to Women’s Health, she also studied the Total Control Program with the Women’s Health Foundation, a comprehensive pelvic fitness and wellness program designed by leading experts in the fields of Urogynecology, physical therapy and fitness.
While continuing to study the human body and anatomy and wanting the best for her clients, Cheryl learned about The Tupler Technique® program. After researching this technique she felt it would help her clients because the benefits were so overwhelmingly positive that they could not be ignored. Cheryl went to New York and was trained by the founder, Julie Tupler herself, the inventor of this Program, in early 2011.
Cheryl continues today working with her clients helping them to continue a life-long wellness path by strengthening their core and using it in daily life. She believes in the highest standards of instruction, sensitivity to individualized needs and service to help her clients.
She is active in her church as Flock Leader in Women’s Ministry at Harvest Bible Chapel in Elgin, Illinois. Cheryl also contributes to Women’s Health and Wellness blogs.
Educational Requirements to become a Licensed Provider of the Tupler Technique®
Complete an 8-week home study Course to learn the Tupler Technique® and do three case studies for people with a diastasis. These case studies must be completely documented with pictures and then presented during the next step of the program, the three-day course in New York City with intensive training with Julie Tupler. During the home study period, Licensees stay in contact with Julie on a weekly basis.
At the three-day Course in New York, Licensees must practice for their demonstration exam, take their written exam and participate in an EveryBelly® Seminar taught by Julie Tupler.
Cheryl Mostowski became a Licensee and began her practice in the Spring of 2011.
Total Control Instructor, Women’s Health Foundation
Instructor Training including the basics of the Total Control® method including the exercises of the Pelvic Pyramid – the core, plus floor of the female body.
- The anatomy & physiology of the pelvis, and about key health and lifestyle topics of importance for all women, especially moms and women over 50.
- Current research in the field of pelvic health and fitness and how it could help your clients be strong and fit throughout their lives.
- The three key muscle groups of the Pelvic Pyramid – how to optimally cue them and why your clients NEED to train them.
- The essential basics of a new workout method shown in research to improve the quality of life for women of all ages.
- The full series of exercises in the Total Control® program in four sections: Pelvic Pyramid Awareness Series, Mat Series, Swiss Ball Series, and Standing/Wall Series, how to cue them and why they are important for your clients.